The Michelin Plant
The tire factory Michelin, an Italian plant created by the French group in 1906, occupied the vast area in the south of the Dora River, delimited by Via Livorno, Corso Umbria and Via Daubree. In the first ten years of its life, workers, blacksmiths and carpenters worked in it and the processing cycle consisted in manual operations, from the rubber mixing to obtain the tread compound to the pressing of the rubber on the plies and to the extraction of tires for cars, bikes, motorbikes, heavy and agricultural vehicles and planes. In the period from 1930 to 1960 the plant underwent important transformations and enlargements, reaching the employment of about 6000 workers in 1970. The plant closet in 1997.